Indoor, outdoor, and online programming available.
For programs in the Midatlantic area:
Library programs (45 minutes, for up to 150 people):
- Single program: $400 plus travel expenses.
- Additional same-day sessions: $300 plus travel expenses.
School and Childcare Center programs (up to 30 people per group):
- $250 for the first hour (plus travel expenses)
- $100 per additional half-hour
- Time may be split up amongst different classes or groups, but must be used consecutively.
Assembly programs (45 minutes, for more than 150 people):
- Single program: $500 plus travel expenses
- Additional same-day sessions: $250 each
Birthday parties: Please see rates and policies here.
Professional development workshops are also available.
For in-person programming outside the Midatlantic area: Please contact me to arrange a program that best meets your needs and budget.
A flat per-program rate that includes travel expenses may be negotiated for multiple bookings. (Presenter will be traveling from Baltimore, MD.)
Cancellations: Programs canceled with less than 72 hours (3 days) notice for any reason will be billed in full including any applicable travel expenses. For programs requiring air travel, programs canceled with less than 2 weeks (10 working days) notice for any reason will be billed in full including any applicable travel expenses.
Acts of God: Payment for cancellation of programs due to natural disasters or severely inclement weather conditions may be waived on the condition that the program is rescheduled within 3 weeks.
Mileage: Round-trip mileage will be charged according to the current IRS business mileage rate.
Early Arrival: Presenter will arrive at least 30 minutes prior to program start time.
Physical Setup: Due to the visual nature of Stories by Hand programs, every effort should be made to ensure that program space provides adequate lighting and clear sightlines.
Photos and Recording: Event organizers and attendees may take as many still photos as they like during the presentations. No videorecording is permitted without express permission of the presenter.
Interpreters: The presenter can present in either spoken English or American Sign Language. If an interpreter is needed, it is the responsibility of the organization hosting the program to provide one. Interpreters may be booked through the presenter for an additional fee.
Book Sales: I request that schools and libraries offer sales of my book(s) in conjunction with visits. I can arrange for book sales through Deaf Camps, Inc. (with all proceeds benefiting this nonprofit organization). I will be available to sign books after the session or at another agreed-upon time during the visit.
Collection Fees: Attorney’s fees and court costs will be added to the balance due if necessary to collect.
Proceeding with contractual agreement implies acceptance of terms.
To book an appearance:
- Check my availability calendar and identify your preferred dates and times.
- Fill out the contact form here. Include your contact information, organization name and address, estimated number of program participants, and choices of dates/times.
- I will check dates/times and reply to you with a confirmation.
- Please read Cancellation policy carefully. A cancellation fee will apply as described above.