Schedule a personalized one-on-one videochat session with Kathy MacMillan to develop your signing skills or receive feedback on your planned signing materials for storytime or the classroom! You’ll even receive a recording of your session to keep for your reference! Kathy MacMillan is a nationally-certified American Sign Language interpreter, author, and children’s librarian who has presented hundreds of programs for all ages and is ready to connect you to the specific resources you need.
- 30-minute session: $40
- 60-minute session: $75
Note: These rates are for one-on-one sessions only. To book a group coaching session, please contact us.
Platforms: Coaching sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
Cancellations: Sessions may be cancelled or rescheduled up to 24 hours in advance. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of the scheduled session.
Payment: Payments may be made online. Sessions are not considered confirmed until payment has been received. Refunds for cancellations satisfying the cancellation policy will be made back to the original payment method.
Recordings: Recordings of coaching sessions are for the personal use of clients only. Recordings may not be posted or shared with others in any format.
Preparation: Participants in coaching sessions should come prepared with specific topics to discuss. Feedback, activities, and resources provided will be tailored to your needs. Some examples:
- a children’s librarian brings 3 rhymes she wants to use with signs in storytime, and Kathy gives feedback on sign selection and demonstrates how to incorporate the signs
- a library staff member wants to learn and practice library-specific vocabulary
- a teacher wants to discuss strategies for engaging hearing students with ASL while being respectful of the Deaf student in the class
- a daycare provider wants to brainstorm ways to use ASL in an upcoming food-themed unit
- Check my availability calendar and identify your preferred dates and times.
- Contact me to schedule your session today.