- Association for Library Service to Children Virtual Storytime Services Guide
- “How to Do a Virtual Storytime” Webinars” (YSS Blog)
- Jbrary: Storytime Online Resources
- “Keeping Online Storytimes Engaging” by Kathy MacMillan
- “25 Recommended Picture Books for Online Storytimes” by Kathy MacMillan
- Storytime Underground (Archived Facebook Group)
- “Ten Tips for Recording Better Video with Your Smartphone” by Maggie Tillman and Elyse Betters
Learn from the Pros:
Online Programming from Authors and More:
- SCBWI Connects
- Finkelstein Memorial Library’s Kids & Teens Stuck Inside Guide
- Twinkle Teaches Resource List
- “Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States” (Cornell University Library)
- “Online Story Time & Coronavirus: It’s Fair Use, Folks” by Sarah Ostman
- School Library Journal COVID-19 Publisher Information Directory (guidelines from individual publishers)
Professional Development for Programmers:
- Library Training and Learning Hub: Storytime Resources
- Free Archived Webinars
- Growing Readers Together Webinars
- Kathy MacMillan’s eCourses, Webinars, and Programs
- “Mel’s Offline Non-Webinar Professional Storytime Development” by Melissa Depper (Mel’s Desk Blog)
- Saroj Ghoting’s Online Trainings
- Stay-at-Home Professional Development (Book Cart Queens blog)
- UW-Madison iSchool Webinars
Books and Videos Highlighted in the Workshop
- Pete’s a Pizza by William Steig. Told in American Sign Language by Christine Sun Kim and family (with voiceover and captions). D-PAN Kids Stories in ASL.
- She Leads: The Elephant Matriarch by June Smalls, illustrated by Yumi Shimokawara. Familius, 2020.
- Nita’s First Signs by Kathy MacMillan, illustrated by Sara Brezzi. Familius, 2018.
- Nita’s Day: More Signs for Babies and Parents by Kathy MacMillan, illustrated by Sara Brezzi. Familius, 2020.
- The Runaway Shirt by Kathy MacMillan, illustrated by Julia Castaño. Familius, 2020.
- She Spoke: 14 Women Who Raised Their Voices and Changed the World by Kathy MacMillan and Manuela Bernardi, illustrated by Kathryn Honesta Familius, 2019.