Stories By Hand offers classes for all ages, from our “Little Hands Signing” series that introduce the benefits of signing with young children for ages birth to 6 with caregivers, to classes for children, teens, and adults.
Book a Class:
If you’ve got a group, you’ve got a class! Classes can be tailored to any age group or mix of age ranges. The rates and policies below apply to ongoing classes and series. If you are interested in booking a one-time class or program, please click here.
Rates for ongoing classes:
- Single student: $50 per hour
- Additional students (up to 5 total): $10 per student per hour
- Classes for 6 or more students: $130 per hour plus mileage (1 hour minimum charged for all classes)
Book 5 classes for just $600 or 10 classes for $1100!
- Standard mileage rates apply.
- Class length will be determined by target age group, with a minimum of 25-30 minutes for baby classes and a maximum of one hour for older children and adults.
- Classes may be scheduled weekly, monthly, or sporadically, but must be booked at the same time, and invoiced together.
- Classes must be held at the same location.
- Classes must be designed as a series targeted to the same age group each class (for example, a weekly class for babies and parents). If purchasing the 10 class package, the classes may be broken into 5 class chunks (for example, 5 classes for babies and 5 classes for toddlers).
- Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult caregiver.
Cancellations: Individual classes cancelled with less than 48 hours (2 days) notice for any reason will be billed in full including any applicable travel expenses. A class series cancelled less than 1 week (7 days) before the first class will be billed in full for the first two weeks including any travel expenses.
Acts of God: Payment for cancellation of classes due to natural disasters or severely inclement weather conditions may be waived on the condition that the class is rescheduled within 3 weeks.
Mileage: Round-trip mileage will be charged according to the current IRS business mileage rate.
Early Arrival: Presenter will arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time.
Class size: Classes may contain up to 30 participants. Children under 3 should be accompanied by an adult. For children ages 3 to 8, 1 adult should be present for every 10 children. For children ages 9 and up, 1 adult should be present for every 20 children. For presentations for larger groups, see our Storytelling Programs for children and Workshops for adults.
Class space: Class space should provide enough room for all participants to sit in a circle.
Class Session Length: The rates listed above apply to class sessions running up to an hour in length. Cost for class sessions lasting longer than one hour will be calculated based on the appropriate percentage of the applicable hourly rate, with times rounded to the nearest quarter-hour.
Payment: Payment in the form of cash or a check made out to Kathy MacMillan is due upon the completion of each class. Alternate arrangements and credit card payment available upon request.
Collection Fees: Attorney’s fees and court costs will be added to the balance due if necessary to collect.
Proceeding with contractual agreement implies acceptance of terms.